Sunday, August 19, 2012

Unexpected Moments

Dear SkyeLeigh, 

Yesterday it turned out I spent the majority of the day with you & your family. I had some time to kill before a car show I was going to with my good friend and stopped by to see the Browns. It had been awhile since I saw you, your mom, your Meme, & the rest of the fam. 

It was a great couple of hours talking to your family members. Grandma Karen even came over which was nice to catch up with her! 

I had to leave a for a short while to do something for my mom, but returned later. It turned out Meme had to work at the car show for Dairy Queen & Mommy was planning on going up with you later. Because I have very little patience for large crowds of people, I asked if I could park my car at your house and drive with Meme. Mommy had plans with a friend before the show, and Meme had some stuff to do, so I offered to take you to the park. 

It was a beautiful day out. We walked from your house to the park at Dean Street School. It was great walk. You rode in your stroller and we talked about the things we heard and saw as we walked. When we got to the park you were so well behaved. 

You decided to ride on the big kid swings. I sat down on the swing next to you. We both sat on the swings, swaying back and forth, kicking our feet, just chatting away. We talked about friends, and starting school again. We talked about the dogs we heard & the squirrels that ran back and forth. It was a nice moment that we shared together. 

At the car show you twirled and danced around the entire time! We went and visited Grandpa Gino & Mitch at their parking spot. You showed them how you danced. At one point the car next to Grandpa Gino's got in your way. You slapped that car! I, of course, yelled at you! You looked at the car with the sweetest face and said "I sorry, Car". It was hilarious! I may be bias, but you are too darn cute! 

Those are the moments I live for. You are starting your 2nd year of preschool in a few weeks & you are growing up so much! I can't wait to spend more time with you tomorrow! 


Until next time, 
Love Auntie 

No comments:

Post a Comment